“Our customers don’t want to be tied to their desks when they are researching vehicle information or looking for a dealership” said Heath Byrd, VP and CIO of Sonic Automotive. “Sonic Auto Search lets them shop our inventory and find our dealerships directly on their iPhone. Anytime. Anywhere. The app is easy to use and gets the user the right information at the right time.”
Sonic Automotive, Inc., a Fortune 500 company based in Charlotte, N.C., is one of the nation’s largest automotive retailers.
Sonic wanted to make it easy for shoppers to find the ideal vehicle and dealership from anywhere.
Auto search for iPhone or Android guides consumers through a simple, yet comprehensive, search process that connects them to the vehicle and dealer that best fit their needs.
- Search Sonic’s new, used, and certified car inventory by make, model, type, body style, year and payment
- Refine searches to vehicles geographically local to the customer
- Compare features of up to 5 vehicles
- Calculate estimated monthly payment based on price range, trade, and APR
- Call, email, and get directions to a dealership with one tap
- Locate a vehicle across Sonic Automotive’s 100+ dealerships
Return on App (ROA)
Sonic Auto Search is the first of many mobile applications to be released this year as part of Sonic’s Mobile Business Unit (MBU) engagement with Lextech. Collectively, these applications are expected to reinvent the car buying process and significantly impact Sonic’s bottom line.